Upgrading Your Ear Game: How to Stack Earrings
Learning how to stack earrings can be intimidating for a beginner, but have no fear! With this guide, you'll be confidently stacking your own stunning earring combos like an expert in no time. So grab all the gorgeous earrings you've been eyeing, and let's get started.
1) PLAN ACCORDING TO YOUR EAR SHAPE:
2) THINK ABOUT COLOR:
When stacking earrings, it's important to think about color. Consider complementing shades, or opt for a situation in which your earrings create an ombre effect. You can go all out with bold colors in your earring stack, but be sure to pick pieces that tie together nicely.
3) THE 40/60 RULE FOR MULTIPLE PIERCINGS:
When it comes to ear piercings, some jewelry experts recommend that 40% of your piercings be dramatic, statement earrings, and the remaining 60% be dainty and more subtle pieces. This is because the key to a gorgeous curated ear is all about balance.
4) FOLLOW THE CASCADING RULE WHEN YOU STACK EARRINGS:
The cascading rule works best when you have a mix of bold and simple pieces in your earring stack. It helps to draw attention to the larger, dangly, and more eye-catching pieces by having them appear first (in the lobe or second ear piercing). Then, the smaller, huggie-style stud earrings follow further up the ear (thirds, conch, helix piercing, etc.), creating a beautiful layered look.
5) MIX IT UP!
6) ACCENT WITH EAR CUFFS
Don't forget about ear cuffs! These make great accents when you don't want to commit to multiple piercings. Ear cuffs are the perfect way to try out new trends without going too crazy, and you can swap them out with ease.
Plus, adding an ear cuff is an easy way to break up your stack and give it the balance you need. It can give the illusion of a conch piercing - without the actual ear piercing! And it can be the perfect way to add a little bit of fun and personality to your look.